To travel with healthy locks, choose your best Dual Voltage Flat Iron for a beautiful hair every day of travel or life. No matter where you are, you can be confident with gorgeous hair and a smile on your face. No more worrying about bad hair days!
What Are Dual Voltage Flat Irons?
Dual Voltage Flat Irons are a concept that allows you to travel the world with your favorite tool and never worrying about being able to plug it in! In the past, flat irons offer the local form of a plug. Dual Voltage Flat Irons allow for a wider range of benefits.For example, Rome’s electric power supply allows 220V, but your favorite flat irons power supply is 110V. Honey, that’s not going to work. Typically most manufacturer’s recommend not using an adapter, for fear of malfunctioning or, worse, causing an electrical surge. This is the biggest reason why dual voltage flat irons are quite handy.
Our Top 5 Picks
- FHI Heat Platform Tourmaline Ceramic Professional Hair Styling
- Amika Digital Titanium Glide Styler
- Hot Tools Cool Tools 1 1/4″ Vapor Flat Iron
- Elchim Professional Styler 1″
- GHD Gold Professional 1/2″ Styler
Why are Dual Voltage Flat Irons good for traveling?
Traveling is often an activity women worry over. Styling can become very difficult when you are on the road. Between switching shampoos for travel size and weather and dealing with the complimentary hair dryer at the hotel, your hair can end up looking like a big mess!
Avoid your hair woes by purchasing your own high quality, yet affordable, hair tools to take with you on the go. Let’s read about the most compatible Dual Voltage Flat Irons for your traveling needs.
There are usually 3 factors you need to consider if you travel with a Dual Voltage Flat Iron:
- Check to see if your hair dryer and flat iron are a single, dual or universal voltage.
- What is the voltage requirement in the country or places you plan to visit? Outside of the continental United States, you will most likely need appliances that include dual voltage.
- What type of plug does your iron have? In the United States, usually a device will have a Type B plug.
- If you can’t carry all of your hair devices and treatments in a small backpack, a Dual Voltage Flat Iron has solutions to allow easy carry and fit into all kinds of backpacks.
Why Dual Voltage Flat Irons are Better
Considering the different voltage levels supplied in each county, Dual Voltage Flat Irons and tools allow for more variation in your travel gear. First off, you will be able to stop worrying about carrying extra adapters with you. Secondly, consider how much stress you can forget when you can use your own tools. Finally, don’t worry about damaging your hair or your devices when you will always be using the proper voltage.
Having a Dual Voltage Flat Iron means your devices will work anywhere. Your hair will always be looking its best no matter where you are in the world. The best flat iron is not only your best friend while travelling, but a good quality tool in the long run.
How to use?
Make sure your Dual Voltage Flat Iron comes with a user guide. Most flat irons will contain an On/Off switch, sometimes indicated by a red light. It may also have a blinking light to indicate when it is overheated or when it is ready to use.
Always use the lowest temperature and increase only when you need to. Remember, if your hair is chemically treated or if you have smooth and fine hair, please remind yourself to use a low temperature only. There are flat irons on the market for damp hair, too. Be sure to check your irons specific purpose and match it with your own.
Typically you should shampoo your hair and condition. Follow this by towel drying until your hair only slightly damp. Take a small section of your hair to separate hair strands before using your flat iron. You do not need to close the iron tightly, as it is already designed to evenly heat without you forcing it shut.
Our Top 5 Picks for the Best Dual Voltage Flat Irons
True to its brand name, the FHI Heat’s Platform Styling Iron is such a strong foundation for any professional toolkit, providing diverse looks as well long lasting performance. Famously known for it own signature red ceramic plates with a durable design, the FHI Heat’s Platform Styling Iron is able to maintain its heat, the quality and also performance style after style.
- Adjustable level of Temperature from 140°F to approximately 450°F
- Ceramic Heater offering an even heat distribution with a high speed heat recovery
- The Three layers of baked ceramic plates infused with Tourmaline
- Moisture-locking negative ions that seal in vital moisture, repelling humidity and reducing frizz while helping eliminate static
- Beveled plates allow you to create multiple hairstyles, including straight smooth styles to glamorous waves or curls
- Ideal for all hair types
- Swivel cord professional look with a self-gripping closure and hook for hanging
- Dual Voltage benefits
- Exclusive with Proprietary Nano-Fuzeion™ Technology, including Gentle Far Infrared Heat, with low EMF (Electromagnetic Field) that prevents damage to the hair so hair will stay shining and moisturized.
With Amika Titanium Glide Digital Styler you can create a silky smooth hair, tousled hair waves, or retro curls with ease. Utilizing the newest and most advanced technology, this lightweight material offers superior heat conductivity plus microscopically smoother plates offer the fastest and smoothest effortless hairstyling. It also pushes negative ions close to the hair cuticle creating shiny, smooth, and frizz-free styles.
- Titanium Plates – lightweight titanium that offers superior heat conductivity with microscopically smoother plates for the fastest, smoothest styling in just one silky pass.
- Digital Interface – allows a precise setting and also monitoring of temperature, which is the most important element to get consistent and effective results.
- 1″ Floating plates – Amika stylers feature intelligent floating plates that are able to adjust to tension while eliminating the chance of snagging and allowing for an easier glide.
- MCH Heat Recovery – MCH heaters are an energy efficient feature giving immediate heat recovery from 200 degrees F to 450 degrees F. The MCH heaters guarantee one-pass salon styling no matter your hair type.
- Feather Light – This is such a light flat iron and keeps you styling your hair effortlessly with no burden on your hand.
- Dual Voltage is very essential for the international traveling woman.
- Includes a 9 ft 360 swivel cord, 110-240 for volts, 50/60 hz, 29W and comes with a one year warranty.
Hot Tools Cool Tools with 1 1/4″ panels in size, the Vapor Flat Iron is packed with a special Argan Vapor Treatment that is a styling combo keeping your hair radiant, yet soft, more beautiful, and so amazingly touchable.
- Conditioning argan oil vapor Flat Iron
- Dual Voltage for easy travelling
- 2-Hour safety Auto Shut off
- Includes Conditioning Steam Vents
- Keeps hair damage free with Argan treatment
- Reservoir compartment complete with lock/unlock switch
- Conditioning Steam including ON/OFF switch
- Temperature control dial – available with heat up to 450°F
- Easy ON/OFF button
- 1″ Nano Ceramic® plates that are perfect for all lengths of hair
- 8 ft. professional swivel cord with 80ml Vapor Argan Treatment
- One-year warranty from manifacturer
- Plate locking switch for a Convenient Storage
The Dual Voltage Elchim Professional 1″ Styler is exclusively designed to produce negative ions that hydrate and add shine to your hair. Ceramic Heaters offered in each plate provide even, constant heat and can produce far infrared heat for healthier hair. Plus, this salon quality flat iron adds shine while closing the hair cuticle. The adjustable temperature is the perfect function for all types of hair.
The Elchim Professional 1″ Styler is also designed for keratin treatment systems to allow a natural absorption of any hair reconstruction products available.
- A Digital Temperature Control
- Adjustable temp ranges from 203F to 455F
- Genuine Ceramic with Titanium Oxide plates
- Tilting plates available
- Produces negative ions for healthier hair
- Includes Infrared heat for healthier hair
- Designed for Keratin Treatments
- 360 Swivel Cord for easy handling
- Lightweight for easy handling
- Sleep Mode turns off safety function after 60 minutes of non-use
- Universal voltage which is 100-240V 50/60 hz for travellers
GHD Gold Professional 1/2″ Styler is a perfectly designed styling tool, great for shorter hair and getting close to the roots. This professional styling iron features a cool and light body, safety sleep mode, ceramic heaters and smooth contoured plates. It also comes with a protective plate guard.
- Professional finish hairstyling
- Smoother plates for an easy glide through hair
- Cooler yet lighter body for a comfortable styling
- Ceramic heaters safe for hair
- Automatically adjusts heat to your hairs’ needs
- Contoured plates that help style
- Versatile for curling hair, straightening or adding waves with one tool
- Safety sleep mode that shuts off after 30 minutes of non-use
- Universal voltage for traveler
- Includes protective plate guard for easy storage
- 2 year warranty from manufacturer