Women and men around the globe suffer from oily hair that can cause an unpleasant experience because oily hair often leads to hair loss, which cause some people to spend thousands of dollars a year to treat their hair not knowing that the most efficient solution is only about choosing the right shampoo for oily hair.
Normally there are 2 types of oily hair:
- Oily scalp and oily hair from the root
- Oily scalp with oily roots with dry hair
What Causes Oily Hair?
There is lot of reasons that makes the hair oily but they might differ from one to another according to the body, hormones and type of hair. Normally the most common causes of acquiring oily hair are:
The production of glands
One of the main causes of oily hair is the production of glands. Our scalp and skin produces glands that are called sebaceous glands which produce themselves an oily substance called sebum. Sebum is mostly made of dead cells and fats, its job is to keep our skin waterproof and maintain the right amount of water in it, in order to keep it protected from irritation, dehydration and bacteria as well by creating an acid environment. Unfortunately our scalp might produce much sebum than what it needs which makes the hair oily and greasy.
Hormones, aging and the period of adolescence might be also cause to scalp to produce excess sebum.
According to some researches one of the sings of Parkinson disease is oily hair.
You have to be very careful when it comes to shampoos, because the usage of random shampoos with low quality will definitely damage your hair and make it oily and greasy as well. It is all about choosing the right shampoo for oily hair.
One of the unpleasant problems that oily hair causes is: hair loss. Our hair normally goes through 3 cycles. In the first one the hair start growing; it can last from 6 to 7 years. During the second cycle the follicles that are responsible for your hair growth rest, as for the last cycle the hair start falling which make the follicles resume their work. Before you start any treatment; you have to consult a doctor o specialist to know if your hair is falling naturally or because your hair is oily. As for preventing oily hair it is a simple task that won’t cost you much money or time as well. The process is divided into 3 parts that are:
- Preventing oily hair
- Using clarifying shampoo
- Using volumizing, strengthening and balancing shampoos
Preventing oily hair
In order to prevent your hair from becoming oily follow the instructions below:
The magic word to all your problems is “healthy”. Make sure to include in your daily meals veggies, fruits and all kind of meats that will provide you with vitamins and proteins that are very essential for your hair such as:
- Vitamin C: contain many anti-oxidants that will boost and improve your immunity as it will also enable it to protect your hair from any bacteria.
- Vitamin B: this vitamin is your key to hair loss; make sure to include it in your meals.
- Vitamin A and E: these two vitamins are also important for your hair. Vitamin A will moisturize your hair and prevent it from being oily and greasy whereas vitamin E will make your hair grow fast, healthy and will prevent it from being oily as well.
It is really important for you to balance your eating habits and make sure that you eat healthy food because if you don’t, you don’t have to bother by following any treatment or buying any product that will keep your hair from being oily.
If you don’t cure your hair from the inside first you won’t be able to cure it from the outside.
Drink lot of water because if you don’t it will cause your scalp to became dry. What you don’t know is that if your scalp is dry, it will produce more oils.
Wash your hair
One the mistakes that you make every day, but you don’t realize that it might be the reason why your hair became oily is: washing your hair everyday. Washing your hair for 4 or 5 times a week is more than enough. In addition you should also keep in your mind that drying or brushing your hair as well as washing it with hot water would definitely make it oily.
- Always wash your hair with warm or cold water according to the season if it hot or cold.
- When you wash your hair don’t use a style device or towel to dry it, leave it to dry alone.
- Don’t brush it until it become completely dry.
Shampoos that adds too much moisture to the hair
Stay away from any shampoos that add too much moisture to the hair. If you are already using it stop it immediately. Shampoos that add too much moisture to the hair are known to be full of protein and also known that are moisturizers. That is why you have to stop using them because they are made to moisture dry hair, whereas your hair is already oily, so it will only add much more oil your hair. All what you did will be a waste of time, if you used these kinds of shampoos.
Whenever you want to apply your conditioner on your hair, make sure to only use it on the mid and end of your hair. Do not use it on your scalp.
If you follow the instructions above you will not prevent your hair completely from becoming oily, it is only a part of the treatment. Maybe the process will seem long, but actually once you follow the provided instructions, you will apply it in your everyday life without even realizing it.
Using clarifying shampoo
The second part of the treatment is using a clarifying shampoo.
Clarifying shampoos are designed especially to remove excess oil from oily hair, as it also cleans the hair from the products that might stick into it such as: Hair gel, hair perfume, hair spray and other bacteria that might stuck in your scalp; which other shampoos won’t clean it well.
There lot of clarifying shampoos that can choose from such as:
- It is made of organic essential oil which is completely important because it offers you a natural promoter and stimulator that will not only prevent your hair from being oily but will also help it grow in a healthy way plus to its wonderful scent.
- Paraben and sulfate free: those two ingredients a known to be very dangerous :
- Paraben is proven to be an indirect cause of breast cancer because it increases the levels of estrogen as it also makes the hair dull and brittle.
- Sulfate was discovered that it might cause eye damage which can lead blindness, especially to children as it also cause hair loss.
Read the ingredients of any product that you usually use or want to purchase whether it is shampoo, gel, lipstick…to make sure that it doesn’t contain Paraben and sulfate.
This a high quality shampoo, made of natural products such as Argan oil that is known as one the best hair and skin products. This clarifying shampoo is also free from Paraben and sulfate, so it is safe to use. The best thing about it is that it will not only prevent your hair from being oily but it will make it grow healthy, soft and strong as it will also maintain your hair color.
- PS: you can use this shampoo on any type of hair.
This shampoo is a perfect addition to the list because it can be used on any type of hair, as it is also available in 6 formulas; you can choose what suits you best:
- Fresh pear
- Pina colada
- Tropical paradise
- Unscented for people who suffer from allergies or sensitive skin.
Preventing your hair from being oily is bound to your nutrition and choosing the right shampoo for oily hair; whish clarifying shampoos made to do, because they do not only prevent your hair from being oily but they nourish it as well.
Using volumizing, strengthening and balancing shampoos
Once you prevent your hair from being oily doesn’t mean that you have to
stop taking care of it, you will need give to it extra attention it to prevent it from falling and help it to grow healthy as well. That is how volumizing, strengthening and balancing shampoos will help you.
- Volumizing shampoos: If you are suffering from hair loss or thinning hair, volumizing shampoos are the best solution for you, because they contain protein that strengthen the hair, stop it from breaking as it will also make it grow soft, smooth in and healthy.
- Strengthening shampoos: This kind of shampoos will add thickness and texture to your hair, as it also nourish and strengthen the follicles of the hair; which help it grow healthy.
- Balancing hair: This kind of shampoos also nourish and give you healthy scalp as it also removes the excess sebum; the main reason that makes your hair oily.
The stores are full with volumizing, strengthening and balancing shampoos, all you have to do is to pick the shampoo that suits you best and meets your standards. It is really important to choose that right shampoo that doesn’t contain sulfate or paraben.
There also lot of products that you can use to prevent oily your hair from being oily and protect it as well such as:
This is a highly recommended product that helps reduce the excess oil that your hair produces.
This conditioner is very helpful; it nourishes the hair and help dissolve the excess oil as well thanks to the organic jojoba seed oil that helps it to penetrate the scalp. It also gives your hair a wonderful scent of lemon. You can simply apply a small amount of it on your wet hair and rinse after 2 min with warm water.
All girls’ best friends; this dry shampoo soften and protect the hair from the excess oil and dirt. All you have to do is to shake it, spray it on your hair, relax for 2 min and brush your hair. The result is absolutely amazing.
This product nourishes and adds volume to your hair without that heavy feeling other products gives you. All you have to do is to shake it and spread it evenly on your damp hair.
This is the magic product that you were waiting for, because it suits the scalp and remove the excess oil only leaving you all the oil that your hair needs to stay moist and soft; whereas other products and shampoos end up removing more than just the excess oil from your hair; which leaves you with dry hair.
If you are suffering from oily scalp and dry hair, this the best solution for you, as it nourish your scalp and moisturize you dry hair. What could you ask more?
Taking care of your oily hair is not tough task as you might think, by choosing the right shampoo for oily hair and following the instructions above you’ll say good bye to your oily and damaged hair once and for all and welcome your new, soft, thick and shiny hair.