Hot oil treatment for relaxed hair is not something any lady or man with a sense of fashion and beauty can assume, more so if they yearn for better looking, long and healthy hair. The various hot hair oils in the market could just be the solution.
There are things about the hot oils unknown to the users. We have tried as much to put these in the open. Read on about what you may not have known;
What are the hot oils?
Hot oils are natural products which are better used hot on the hair. The overall success has bolstered the belief that hot hair oils penetrate the scalp better. They can be utilized on their own or at times mixed for better results.
Some of the known hot oils in the market
Alberto Vo5 Hot Oil Intense Conditioning Treatment– for those who already have the problem of hair damage, this could just be to their relief. The mix of over five essential natural oil extracts gives a new feel on the scalp. Laced with vitamins and proteins, you are likely to achieve the best results with your hair regarding strength and beauty.
Click to Read Alberto Vo5 reviews (Amazon)
African Royale Hot Six Hair Oil-boasting of natural herb extracts and a mix of animal oils, the oil has been so popular on the black hair than most of its compatriots. It is mainly made to be used to give a light effect on the hair. However, it is multipurpose oil as it has over six oils which replenish the skin, the nails, and the whole body.
Click to Read African Royale Hot Six Hair Oil reviews (Amazon)
Why should one use hot oils?
Just like the name implies, hot oils enable the use of heat on the hair. By this, the hair cuticles get to open up with the hair pores getting a new lease of life. Hair stylists advise that the first step of hair improvement is improving the health of the hair.
The benefits of hot oil treatments
For their overall therapeutic use, the hot oils are known to have some of the following benefits on the user;
1.Hair softening effects
the primary use of hot hair oils is in helping reduce the chances of the hair drying up. However, for the already dried hair, the rejuvenating effect will contribute to spring it back to life with a soft tender feel.
Dandruff on the scalp is caused by the dry, dead skin on the head. By helping in making the scalp soft and the hair follicles well oiled, the chances of having dandruff on the hair is reduced.
Because of the softening and moisturizing effect on the scalp, hot oils are good for retaining moisture on the hair follicle.
4.Improves beautiful touch of the hair
The moistened look of the hair gives the users head an elegant look worth the class is commendable. The fact that the oils eliminate the hard look also makes hair look shaggy and flaky.
5.Improved hair health
The overall fact that the hot hair oil increases the follicle spaces makes the hair have better breathing which sets the oils apart from others. It is the health of the scalp which is also improved by the softness on the scalp which helps in enabling better blood flow on the scalp.
Which oil ingredients make the best hot oils?
Depending on your preference, the use of different natural oil products is quite common in making the hot oils. There are however common culprits which you may use in making the hot oils for relaxed hair treatments at home. Some of the oils ingredients include;
Castor oil – it is mainly used for its moisturizing effects and its viscous nature. Castor is critical in improving the hair texture as well.
Coconut oils – when melted over moderate heat; it’s a good component to use on the hair as a hair softener.
Argan oil – used over the ages, this is good to ensure that the flaky hair is eliminated entirely.
Jojoba oil – known mainly for its moistening and softening components on the hair, it is one of the most used on hot oil treatments.
Olive oil – because the oil is the most common ingredient, it’s known to help strengthen hair against breakages.
Avocado oil – because it has several beneficial natural oil ingredients, it is advised for use at home in making hot oils for hair treatments.
NB: The addition of fragrances as preferred by the user is also encouraged.
How to choose perfect oil for your hair
The choice of good oil for hot oil treatment may differ from person to person depending on the circumstances. However, some of the factors worth considering when choosing include;
- The type of hair, some have colored hair, black hair and so on.
- The state of the hair as your hair may need something top replenishes it faster. Olive oil is best on the scalp and helps loosen the hair.
- The user’s taste, you may prefer the oil alone or a mix of oils for best results. Some people also want oils with fragrances so having some to add to the oil is advised.
- Check the manufacture date as these oils also expire making them unfit for human use.
How to make homemade hot oil
There are several methods of making hot oil treatment for relaxed hair at home. For natural oil extracts to be used as hot oils, the following procedure may need to be followed;
- Place some water in a container and let the water heat till you see the water reaching boiling point.
- Remove the pot and place some oil in a tube or container, you can mix with some extracts of fragrances for best results.
- Ensure that the oil is enough for use on your hair. The longer the hair, the more oil you are likely to use.
- Place the tube in the water and let the oil warm inside the water.
- Ensure that the oil is just at the right temperatures.
- Wash the hair.
- Leave the hair dampened by wiping excess water with a towel.
- Apply the hot oil on the hair when still hot by using the application device as you divide the hair into small sections using a comb
- Massage the used oil on the hair and let it penetrate the follicle.
- Let the oil stay on the hair for half an hour as you cover it with plastic and covering it with a warm towel to increase moisture.
- Ensure the hair is shampooed after this for better-looking hair.
How often should one use hot oil?
Hot oils are supposed to be used as often as possible probably after every three days or a month as desired week.
Though the natural oils are safe for use, it is advised that care needs to be taken when using the hot oils for the safety of the user. Some of the points to observe include;
- Apply only on hair which has taken long after coloring to maintain hair color.
- Do not heat in a microwave as that leads to losing of the natural ingredients in the oil.
- Keep the natural oils in the dark place when not in use.
- Do not use expired oils on your hair.
The use of hot oil treatment for relaxed hair methods to rejuvenate hair is an old practice which has been passed over time. Though hair care is considered an expensive affair, the mere fact that these oils can be made at home makes the whole thing a meaningful discourse for beauty specialist. Trying one may not cost you much, just your time.