Hair chalking is one of the latest frenzy’s that can change your complete look with eye-catching color in minutes. It’s a simple and effective solution to hair color, without the long term effects. Customize your hair day or night for a glamorous and unique look. Change it up regularly and create a new look! What really inspired me to use this product was a review I found on Amazon, featuring the Hot HuezTM Hair Chalk.
>> Click on the image above to watch video. <<
This video not only features a great product to start with, but also step-by-step instructions, a friendly personality, and a detailed review.
As you know, taking care of your hair can be a struggle. With so many brands and products on the market, it is hard to decipher what is best for you. Hair dye is obviously a very damaging process for natural hair. What should you consider when picking out the right product for hair chalking?
1. Check out the ingredients. There are a lot of hair chalks on the market. Like hair dye, they can contain ingredients that are damaging to your hair.
2. Take steps to protect sensitive skin. If you have allergies, sensitive skin or have had adverse reactions to hair dye – make sure you avoid colors that could cause you to have another reaction.
3. Read the reviews. Rather you have thick, thin, brittle, or practically unbreakable Amazonian hair you should check out the review section from others with hair similar to yours. Make sure that particular product won’t cause your hair type to dry out.
4. Don’t stick to just one brand. Each brand may make a similar product across a wide variety of colors, but dyes are a funny thing. Try out different brands and different colors to find the ones that work best with your hair.
5. Check vibrancy. A lot of hair dyes may be too bright or dull based on your needs. Check out reviews, pictures, and product demonstrations to see what chalk will work best for you. Talk to your local beauty supply, too. They may be able to offer samples before you commit to buying.
Hair dying can take hours, but hair chalking is a quick solution that can last all day. Here is a quick guide to get you started, but always read your chalk’s instructions before you get started.
Step 1: Ensure your hair is dry.
Rather you just showered or haven’t showered for days, you want to make sure your hair is dry. If you have oily hair, spray in a dry shampoo to absorb the oil.
Step 2: Style your hair.
Go ahead and straighten, curl, brush or whatever else you do to your hair before you get started. This process could end up taking the chalk out of your hair. Also, if you wait to style your hair the chalk could cause ratting.
Step 3: Section your hair.
Get your hair ready for the areas you want to chalk. For instance, if you intend to do the bottoms you may want to put part of your hair up and work from the lower layers up. If you intend to do bangs, make sure you separate the rest of your hair away so the color doesn’t bleed or fall onto other areas.
Step 4: Apply a Primer.
There are a wide range of products considered primers. A few options for this include detanglers, thermal styling spray, style extenders, or anything called ‘hair primer’. Pick your favorite brand or product and spray before applying continuing with hair chalk. It is important that the portion of hair you are applying chalk to stays wet with the primer while you apply.
Step 5: Apply Chalk.
Pick your favorite color and the section of hair you just primed – then (following the product’s instructions) apply the chalk.
Step 6: Repeat Steps 4 and 5.
Continue repeating steps 4 and 5 until all desired areas are covered. Feel free to switch colors and mix it up!
Step 7: Apply a sealer.
In other words, apply hair spray or spray mousse to lock in the color. This will allow it to last all day and prevent most of the chalk from falling onto your clothes or skin.
TRESemme Thermal Spray
Protect and guard your silky strands against heat damage and the friction of daily styling with the TRESemme Thermal Creations Heat Tamer Protective Spray. Each spritz delivers protection with healing moisture, vitamins, and a boost of elasticity to help your hair bounce back with extra softness and shine after blow drying and styling.
Achieve long lasting, loose curls that bounce with plenty of shine! The triple baked ceramic Revlon Perfect Heat Curling Iron has a broad 1.5-inch barrel that heats up fast and is super easy to use. Clamp the ends in and roll it up around the hot barrel, holding onto the cool tip for total control over your look. Plus, the tangle-free, swivel cord stays out of your way while you style!
Suave Kids Detangler
Splash into bath time and continue the fun after you’re all dried off with the Suave Kids Double Dutch Apple Detangling Spray. The tear free formula is hypoallergenic and dermatologist tested with moisturizing, softening ingredients that allows you to easily comb through the toughest knots and tames flyaways for easy styling.